Monday, December 20, 2010

Impossibility Complex

Ø  Do I Look For Reasons Why Something Can’t Be Done Instead Of Searching For Ways In Which It Can Be Done?
Ø  Do I Ever Make Decision Out Of Fear?
Ø  Do I Tend To Resist New Ideas And Prefer To Do Things The Way I’ve Always Done Them?
Ø  Do I Move Ahead Only When I Have Every Single Fact?
Ø  Do I Have A Tendency To Demand A Guarantee Of Success Before I Begin?
Ø  Do I Imagine The Opposition I Will Encounter Without Imagining The Support I Might Expect?
Ø  Do I Ever Turn Down An Idea Simply Because I Don’t Like It Or Because My Mind Is Already Made Up Or Because I’ve Made Other Plans?
Ø  Do I Ever Close My Mind To Suggestion Before Hearing The Full Explanations?
Ø  Do I Point Out The Disadvantages In An Idea Before I Point Out The Advantages?
Ø  Do I Ever Make Negative Decisions Because I Am Tired And It Easier?
Ø  If I Can’t Imagine A Solution To A Problem Am I Inclined To Turn Away Form It?
Ø  Do I Believe That Human Nature Can’t Be Altered; That A Man’s Life Can’t Be Changed?
“If you have answered many of these questions in the affirmative then the chances are very good that you are suffering from an impossibility complex”
(Schuller, 1967)
                                                                   Compiled by: Eyram Isaac K. Dordey

No comments:

Post a Comment